- Utilize those search engines! Pinterest and Etsy were my best friends! Think about what color scheme and theme you like and attack that search engine.
- I searched ‘navy and gray baby boy room, baby bear room, gray wildlife baby room’ and that helped me put together my vision. I’m a planner so I ordered all of my décor pieces from Etsy when I was 7 months pregg. My goal was to use things that weren’t too ‘babyish’ and would look decent until he turns 5.
- Take everything day by day and use your family and friends to help you paint, decorate, drill holes, whatever it may be.
- Try to get everything completed before your little one arrives because you’ll be too tired to do anything with a newborn.
- Have a lamp you can use for feedings during the night. A lamp with multiple light settings will be the best.
- You don’t want to crowd your nursery with too many things because toys will eventually take over the entire space.
- Don’t get overwhelmed by annny of the baby prepping
- Don’t place anything dangerous too low or close to the crib or floor.
- Don’t place the crib infront of a window. As they grow up they can rip down the curtains and blinds.
I don’t remember when this started but I developed the name Blair Bear and others would call be Mama Bear in college. So once I got pregnant with a boy I knew I wanted to create a theme revolving around bears for my little cub.
Having the right wall décor will improve the entire aesthetic of your nursery!
I knew I wanted artwork in his room so I ordered digital prints from Etsy which I highly recommend! They’ll email you the image in whatever color you need, you print it yourself, and get you a cute frame from Hobby Lobby and boom you’re done!
I got my wall decal from Etsy and the lady let me swap out the moose for another bear and select whatever colors I wanted.
Shelves are a great addition to adding more decorative pieces. I chose mountain shelves from Hobby Lobby since they went with my theme. I can see Trent getting older and trying to knock alllll that stuff off the shelves so I made sure to hot glue everything to the shelf lol. (gotta think ahead sometimes) I wasn’t sure what to put on the second mountain but I eventually came across these adorable wooden bears on Etsy.
Fancy mirrors are another great option for your walls. Just be mindful how low you place them or else you’ll see little finger prints everywhere.
To me, a crib isn’t complete without a mobile and babies lovvve to stare at things above them! Some of them can be pretty pricey but they’re sooo cute lol. I ordered my mobile from Etsy and you can even make your own if you’re talented when it comes to sewing things. If you order a handmade mobile online they won’t come with the arm that attaches to the crib. I purchased this one from amazon and it works perfectly!
I kept debating on putting a rocking chair or a small sofa chair in his room, but I knew a rocking chair wouldn’t get used as much. I also wanted something that he would use when he gets older so I opted for a mini sofa with a twin bed pull out. Why? might you ask. Well years down the road when his friends or cousins spend the night they can sleep in the sofa bed.…like I said I’m a planner and future thinker lol. My husband and I also took turns sleeping in the bed for the first two months while Trent slept in the crib since we had to feed him throughout the night.
Reading is what? FUNNDAMENTAL! *in my Ru-Paul voice* You’ll get many books over the years so I highly suggest a book shelf or reading wall. I opted for a wall because I don’t want the kid taking the books out all willy nilly and throwing them everywhere. Amazon has these cute clear shelves that won’t take away from your décor and I plopped art work on top that I purchased from Etsy.
I know some people place bins and shelves inside the closet to organize things but I didn’t want to take that route. I used month markers to divide the clothes up by the different sizes. The floor of the closet is where I placed alllll of the diaper boxes, wipes, high chair box, and walker box. Maybe once he gets older I’ll put in bins but in the beginning you have so many large boxes and they have to go somewhere. I placed the rest of his clothes inside his dresser drawers and I’ve linked my How to make a baby changing station blog post here.
Click images below to shop my fave products mentioned in this post!
“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”