Like most human beings I love chicken nuggets! Normally I’ll buy the bag of frozen kind in the store and eat them for a late night snack. I especially ate them alot when I was preg because I didn’t feel like cooking as much.
Unfortunately my health conscious husband hatesss when I eat the frozen nuggets so I’m like fine I’ll make my own! Of course these will taste better if you fry them in grease but I am getting older and need to eat better. So I resulted to baking them, ‘oh joy’ lol.
If you want to be a super parent, you can even add some blended zucchini or cauliflower to the mix so they can get some veggies in their meal.
HOW TO FREEZE HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS
If you have kiddos at home or lovvee nuggets, I suggest doubling up on the recipe so you can freeze the rest. The 2lbs of ground chicken makes 30-32 nuggets and I froze most of mine to eat later.
- After they are done cooking in the oven, let them cool on the counter for 15-30mins.
- Option 1: Lay them flat inside ziploc bags in one layer and seal tightly. Freeze over night. Next day add nuggets into one bag, reseal, and store in freezer.
- Option 2: Lay them flat on a baking sheet with wax paper and freeze over night. Next day add nuggets into a ziploc bag, seal tightly and store in freezer.
- It’s important to freeze the nuggets in a single layer so they won’t stick together inside the bag.
- When you’re ready to eat the again, you can re-heat in the oven, microwave, or air fryer. (Just like you do normal frozen nuggets)
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.”